About the Freese Fund
"The Freese Grant Advisory Board annually recommends projects to be funded through grant money. The city receives the grant funding from the Egbert M. Freese Foundation, and it must be used for Galion parks and recreation projects, or projects that fit the intent of Mr. Freese's will. City Council then gives final approval for projects."
The City of Galion clearly isn't using this money the way it was intended. Our beloved city has several parks in disrepair
From the will of Horace E. Freese and in his very own hand writing
Let Mayor O'Leary know you've had enough!
For far too long our city's parks have been neglected. Stand up and let Mayor O'Leary know that you're tired of it, and demand that our parks be safe and clean for our kids!
- Homeless living in our parks and harrassing our citizens
- Falling apart or missing playground equipment
- Filthy restrooms
- No drinking water for our hard at play kids
- Very few sanitizing stations setup in the parks
- Groups of teens destroying equipment, being disrespectful, bullying our chldren
- Sharp fencing, holes in play area, other sharp objects sticking up from the ground
- Use the Freese monies the way it was intended, fix our parks.